Wireshark mailing list archives

Wireshark development setup Help

From: Sreejith M M <sreejith.mm () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 23:14:28 +0530

I am trying to make a new dissector for wireshark. As part of this, I am
following wireshark doc to setup tools and source code .

I have a 32 bit windows 7
I followed below steps as shown in the
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html page

   1.

   C compiler: Download<http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads#d-2010-express>and
install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express Edition." (This is a very
   large download.)
   2.

   C compiler service pack:
Download<http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23691>and
install "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1." (This is a very
   large download.)
   3. Install Cygwin
   4. Install python
   5. Install TortoiseSVN
   6. edit config.nmake

After this I am not able to find

*C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\SetEnv.Cmd*

*or*

vcvarsall.bat or vcvars32.bat

One thing is that , I am not having v7.1 ,rather v7.0A. But I am suprised
that this folder doesnt have any of the above 3 files.

Please help to proceed

-Sreejith