Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: RFC: sorted value_string + bsearch

From: Ed Beroset <beroset () mindspring com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:47:14 -0400 (EDT)

Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>
Use g_hastable_new_full() gint version and stuff the value_string into the hash table
In proto_register, then have proto.c extract the value. Alternatively we could perhaps
Pass a "get_value" function pointer?
I'm not sure this will work :-)

I may have missed it, but have we measured to see if this is worth optimizing in the first place?  Does this actually
take an appreciable amount of time?  If not, I think I'd favor choosing code clarity over an inconsequential speedup.

Ed