WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Article - A solution to phishing

From: Marco Aurelio dos Santos <marco.gs () ig com br>
Date: 23 Dec 2004 12:47:27 -0000

Michael, I really don't see how this would prevent phishing. Because, you see, the user should inform his/her e-mail
address at some point, and have the option to inform of address changing. To do this, the user probably would enter
username/password (at this point, the bank doesn't have the user's e-mail). If the hacker has access to THIS password,
through social engineering or any other way? He could then inform hacker () badguys com as the user e-mail, and begin
receiving the temporary passwords from the bank.
Am I missing something here?

Regards

Marco

       s=beta; d=gmail.com;

h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references;

b=PICXvvixcZZX6I3WbWKtb4veyOrcr3Q8Hl8y8SiIIkTOraQvBfpqahZwA8+WL+KRYiuzQ5jfFSkyoCLCS7VGQP0yBzObuJWnC+gt6CIBy3Y+FtdNHo4TA4iFrOK9zW9hUsCjkw/p7wVCcp3lRVhob2GYCHy8f+wADk/8M+2qCoQ=