WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Article - A solution to phishing

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:05:38 -0500

Huh?  If "This cookie is acquired by the user early in the process by
password verification,"  then how does passmark prevent me from
phishing?  Does the user need two passwords to get in?

Also, what does it matter if the URLs are unguessable?  I need to show
up at my bank and login.  At which point, the bank needs to show me
some authentication.  If the bank has to show me an authenticator,
then a phisher can steal that image.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that there are clever ways to do this,
could you explain what they are?

Adam