WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Article - A solution to phishing

From: Michael Silk <michaelsilk () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:20:10 +1100

Hi Dave,

        Re "PassMark" ... This implementation is still easily susceptible to
MITM attack ... The phishing site could simply take the Image from the
real site.

        Not to mention the education issue ... Users could easily be fooled
to completely forget about the image anyway:

Example:
Welcome User,

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We have removed our image-authentication service due
to security concerns. We have improved our login system to use "best
practice ..." ...

Username: [               ]
Password: [               ]
       [ Login ]