WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: WebAppSec Training Courses in UK

From: Mark Curphey <mark () curphey com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:43:08 -0500 (EST)

Right now the way OWASP is set-up it makes it somewhat diffiuclt to do, but I know most of those involved love travel,
beer and discussing the topic ;-)

In the New Year we should be setup as a charitable foundation so if anyone wants to make an invite, can cover travel
costs and a donation to the foundation, drop us a mail and well find one of the project leaders.

Also worth noting that there are a number of commercial companies who do training (one of them sponsors WebGoat for
instance).  If you wanna drop me a line off-line from this mailing list I can send you a list or make an intro for you.

---- Dan Cuthbert <dan () idsec com> wrote:
i think the problem is finding a trainer that understands the problems associated with web applications and security.
also the trainer that is providing the training would need to have one helluvah understanding of security\building
applications and the whole process

its a lovely idea... hmmm yeah i can see a owasp opportunity here

* phuc4 () hushmail com (phuc4 () hushmail com) wrote:

I have unsuccessfully been looking for any decent WebAppSec training courses in the UK.

It seems that courses are more on the networking side of things or when restricted to either specific technologies
like J2EE or .Net but I have yet to find a useful technology independent course that takes in the wider picture as
well as the grimey details.

Any ideas?

Maybe OWASP could start doing training courses?

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: