Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Plain text files in internet explorer

From: "Dom De Vitto" <dom () DeVitto com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 00:20:46 +0100

called Jean is a man. In | English-speaking zones, it's a woman. You
could run into troubles by 'type-interpreting
| based on name'.

Agreed.

|    Just my .02 cents (of euros, not dollars; almost the same thing
today).

Not Canadian dollars... again, "words mean what I want them to mean"
said Humpty Dumpy,
You forgot to mention that http://a.b.c/d.e/f.g.h can run:
/d
/d.e
/d.e/f
/d.e/f.g
/d.e/f.g.h
/d.e/f.g.h/default.whatever

So filenames should be for names, not types.
If you've ever tried mixing Hungarian notation with object orientation,
you'll
run up against the same (big) problem. Names are names and types are
types, they
are, and should be, unrelated.

Dom De Vitto
dom () devitto com
-- Pierre-Yves Bonnetain
   Networks and Computers Security -- B&A Consultants
   Tél +33 (0) 563 277 241 -- Fax +33 (0) 563 277 245