Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....

From: Peter Boutzev <boutzev () bulgaria com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 21:59:34 +0200

I wonder when is somebody going to sue them for something like this ...

Cheers,

Peter

On Monday 27 May 2002 17:09, you wrote:
I've got hold of a copy of the DirectX 9 SDK beta. It comes with the
interesting warning:

This beta version expires on Aug 20, 2002.
You will need to reinstall Windows if you do not
have a valid DX9 ID & password to download Beta 2

Anyone in a position to comment on exactly what Microsoft think they have
the right to do to an end users PC? Less of a legal argument, more of a
technical "what-they-gonna-do". Format c: would be too easy.

--
 Peter Boutzev
 Securirty Engineer               GnuPG public key at :