Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Wireless Legality- Netstumbler and kin

From: "Erik Hjelmstad" <ehjelmstad () polivec com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:17:57 -0700

Here is the article.

http://www.infosecuritymag.com/articles/january02/columns_note.shtml

Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Pennington [mailto:billp () boarder org]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:19 AM
To: vuln-dev () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: Wireless Legality- Netstumbler and kin

Just a quick follow-up to Batz excellent points. I recall reading that the
Attorney  General of Massachusetts made the statement that if any officer
spotting someone walking are driving around with a laptop and an antenna,
the officer should call him and that he would be able to get a probable
cause search warrant issued in no time.

Sorry I can;t find the article right now but I think it was in the Boston
Globe.