Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: I HATE antivirus scanners

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 08:57:47 -0800

heyhey_ wrote:

Hello all,

I've received more than 200 auto-responses to my previous e-mail.
"pure IE code injection".

my message DID NOT CONTAIN virus. just a demo exploit code, that needs
a lot of testing on different systems.

next time, I'll have to use non-existing sender name or encode the
text as a PDF file.

The usual method is a password-protected .zip file.  I had no clue
all the AV scanners would go off in this case, since it wasn't a
virus, else I would have warned you.

We've had worse.... I think I let through a message containing
the source to "I Love You" at one point, and over 1000 gateway
warnings went off.

                                        BB