Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: I HATE antivirus scanners

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:00:22 -0800

heyhey_ wrote:

Hello Bourque,

That was my thought, but ... according to my experience most of the
antivirus checkers reject password protected .zip files, so I'll
probably receive the same amount of e-mails (or even more because even
scanners with out of date definitions will reject it too)

Last time I did the experiment, about 5 mail gateways sent a bounce
due to a .zip that couldn't be scanned.  (That's bounces to the list,
mind you.  If someone else does the post, then I only get to see
messages that complain to every CC.  So, the poster might see
more, but the ratio ought to hold still.)

                                        BB