Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: I HATE antivirus scanners

From: "Vachon, Scott" <Scott.Vachon () Paymentech com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:22:05 -0600

Last time I did the experiment, about 5 mail gateways sent a bounce
due to a .zip that couldn't be scanned.  (That's bounces to the list,
mind you.  If someone else does the post, then I only get to see
messages that complain to every CC.  So, the poster might see
more, but the ratio ought to hold still.)

Why not just place it on a website and send the link to the list for those
who want to test it ? Then you avoid any Antivirus problems.

~S~

My 2 cents.