Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: CSS implication

From: zero <zeroboy () arrakis es>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:36:04 +0100

Having a bit of trouble understanding what you mean....
but...I think your right, some XSS attacks dont have to "directly " effect
the user, but they manipulate them in some way. However, I still think this
type of attack would be grouped as an implication of XSS.

Yeap, that's it. What I mean is that sometimes, you can send the bogus code into a board or a forum, which makes it even more dangerous cause it will be executed by every user that views the page. On the other hand you've got other CSS attacks which you only can execute code if you pass and exact url, and only once, cause the link doesn't gets stored on the server.

mailto:zeroboy () arrakis es
http://www.podergeek.com
http://www.citfi.org
"The further backward you look, the further forward you can see" Winston Churchill
 "Para ganar, hay gente que debe perder"