Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: CSS implication

From: "Arta" <arta () the-group org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:35:08 -0000

You can also execute arbitrary commands as the user that runs php/apache if
the author of the script does anything like this:

<?php
include $somevariable.".inc";
?>

you could then craft a URL to include a txt file containing php code from
another server - then, using popen and exec and system, etc, you can get it
to do just about anything. If a mysql connection was opened before the above
line you could steal their entire database. There was a bug like this in
PHPNuke a while back.

Harry