Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: PGP spoof decrypted output?

From: Rich Henning <vulnerable () fast net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:48:22 -0400

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:37:12AM +0200, Olaf Kirch wrote:
All mutt versions I've tested will happily display escape sequences,
as in foo!bar!baz!
ignored, due to

color normal     white          default

in muttrc.

It's a bad idea to display the signature verification status inline,
intermixed with the message body itself. And don't tell me people
always check the time and date displayed by mutt... :)
A "bad idea", huh?  I'd say that's a tad bit of opinion rather than
fact.  I like being able to read the PGP verification inline with the
message - It makes things much easier without having to view the
verification separately, lest open an attachment.  PGP sigs and text
docs show inline in my config; attachments for which I don't have MIME
types registered show up as a simple list and have to be viewed using 'v'.

touche on time and date, though.

--
[ rich henning      ]                                             /"\
[ henninrp () fast net ]                                             \ /