Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: PGP spoof decrypted output?

From: Benjamin Elijah Griffin <bgriffin () gracenote com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:58:00 -0700

Olaf Kirch <okir () caldera de> wrote:
Rich Henning wrote:
Your "spoof" was displayed as plain text and not highlighted
All mutt versions I've tested will happily display escape sequences,
as in foo!bar!baz!

As did mailx when I read that. I think I am going to fix my copy not
to do that anymore.

It's a bad idea to display the signature verification status inline,
intermixed with the message body itself. And don't tell me people
always check the time and date displayed by mutt... :)

If you can include escape sequences, and know about waht terminal
they have (how many people don't use vt100 compatible terminals for
their Unix shells?) then, presumably, you can re-write any part of
the terminal window by embedding the right sequences.

Benjamin