Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Encryption Algorithm Footprint

From: "fooyu" <security () fooyu com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:49:03 +0800

I am auditing one of my critical service system. This system provides our users a method of stock exchange. By using
ethereal I found the data packets was encypted like in SSL. Next I found the private key in my server and encypted
symmetric key payload in the captured packets. After successfully decrypting the 16- bytes symmetric key, I test many
encryption algorithm to decrypted the captured ciphertext, but all failed.

I want to know if encryption algorithm has footprint. Is there any technica to find which encryption algorithm it used?

Thank you all and Happy Chinese New year!

Haiyan Chen

[security () fooyu com]
www.fooyu.com