Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Reported Kazaa and Morpheus vulnerabilities

From: "dreamwvr () dreamwvr com" <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 08:45:07 -0700

it on CERT or Securityfocus. I mean obviously if there is one it may not
have been posted about.. But I thought someone might have heard something.
Certainly simple things such as appending /../ or /..../ to the end of the
url don't work, but those funky numeric folder names must mean something.

  Really don't know if anyone else elaborated. However there was a
thread predicting that these peer to peer networks would create
this problem. it was on firewallwizards.