Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Reported Kazaa and Morpheus vulnerabilities

From: "Colby Marks" <Colby () DigitalJunction com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 22:28:55 -0500

However, this allows one to bypass the normal restrictions of the
program.  If I kept getting put on the "Remotely Queued" list for an
item, I could point my browser at the person sharing the file.  Then I
could download the file w/o the user knowing.  I put restrictions of
bandwidth and number of users because I have a limited upload speed.
This allows one to bypass that restriction.  I believe this hole was
revealed back in September sometime on this list because I remember
it...I remember showing my friends this bug to alert them to it.

-Colby