Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: illegal cheer (was: Re: CodeGreen beta release (idq-patcher/antiCodeRed/etc.)

From: "Michael R. Rudel" <mrr () thud pcs k12 mi us>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 03:25:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Meritt James wrote:

News flash:  You and your kin are not the entire world.

Wouldn't you like M$ to pay attention to those laws?  Where do you think
the vulnerabilities come from?

Markus Kern wrote:

Meritt James wrote:

THAT is an informative statement!  If a bit of consideration for the law
was made, there would be many fewer vulnerabilities in the first place.

How would consideration for the law reduce _vulnerabilities_?

I have to agree with Michael Rudel.
When we're discussing the ethics/morals of something current laws are
irrelevant.
Laws are deduced from the outcome of such discussions (or that's the way
I think it should be).

So why are YOU discussing laws, followed by a statement that what you
wrote is irelevant?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean others won't, and it doesn't mean
that actions shouldn't be taken to change the laws if they are "morally or
ethnically wrong".

But thanks for the job security!

"Michael R. Rudel" wrote:

[snip]

It is illegal under current law, but
that doesn't mean jack to me.

[snip]

--
James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
Booz, Allen & Hamilton

Michael R. Rudel * 734.417.4859 * mrr () mrrconsulting net
AOL AIM: ATSTheory * Cell E-Mail: page () gotclue org
Student Technician, Pinckney Community Schools
Principal Engineer, Michael R. Rudel Consulting