Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Civil Disobedience

From: "br0ken halo" <x_burning () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:22:36 +0000

I meant victimless as in the comparison to murders, or terrorists. Hackers do *not*, repeat *do not* kill people. Terrorists do.

Yes, you have a valid point, privacy is something to be respected. Back to the point of the discussion - hackers/crackers/script kiddies/virii writers/worm writers *all the 'nasties' of the internet* are *not* killers. They do not belong in federal prison. Yes they are 'cyber criminals', and yes they do violate privacy.

Not everyone brought in this world has the best intentions and wants to 'live and let live.' Thus we have criminals. In a perfect world we wouldn't need computer security because everyone would respect each others right to privacy. That just isn't the case - so if your a sysadmin, and you don't take the right steps to secure your computing enviroment, and you get owned, then well, either your in the wrong business or you should have done a better job. Thats how the world is. I wish it wasn't like that - even so, i still can't justify sending a kid to federal prison (even if for a short lil' visit with mr. bubba)

-- James

I live in a world of Paradox - My weakness` are your
strengths, your wisdom is my stupidity, and your victorys
are my losses, a victory that won't last.