Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Older BeroFTPD glob

From: "Eduardo Cruz" <eduardo.cruz () tsg com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 14:00:10 +0100

Connected to localhost.
220 cimitarra FTP server (BeroFTPD 1.3.4(1) Wed May 30 18:22:32 CEST 2001)
ready.
Name (localhost:root): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230-Welcome, archive user!  This is an experimental FTP server.  If have any
230-unusual problems, please report them via e-mail to root@cimitarra
230-If you do have problems, please try using a dash (-) as the first
character
230-of your password -- this will turn off the continuation messages that
may
230-be confusing your ftp client.
230-
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls ~{
200 PORT command successful.
550 Missing }
ftp>

just patch glob.c ur self, or use the mine already patched (attached).
And about the maintenance of beroftp, as far as i know is not being done
since years ago.
Anyway appart from the bugs derivating from vuftpd i dont see the point on
maintaining bero,
i find it quite perfect like it is.

have fun