Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: SSL & IDS

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () KYX NET>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 11:45:58 -0700

That's interesting... because I'm seeing a lot of people get excited
about load balancers from a variety of vendors, and terminating the
SSL at some SSL acceleration HW on the load balancer and having
the load balancers manage cookies, sessions, and other items. This
is something that is universally regarded as a positive by a lot of the
network designers and groups I do consulting for....

But it does have security implications that I think aren't being
considered much yet.  Goes to show that there is more to secure
design than protecting from buffer overflows....

cheers,
--dr