Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: SSL & IDS

From: Inno Eroraha <inno () PATRIOT NET>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:08:42 -0400

There is no "IDS" system out there than can decode SSL, SSH, or any
well-implemented STRONG cryptographically-encrypted channel -- Not in
this 'net generation. And it won't be anywhere close to real-time,
depending on the implementation. The best bet is to employ host-based
(HIDS) that can tell you about suspicious activities on a target machine.
There are numerous of these types of IDS's.

-0-
inno