Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ICQ Spoofing Question (or second dumb question of the day)

From: Robert van der Meulen <rvdm () CISTRON NL>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:56:52 +0200

Hi,

Quoting Leon Rosenstein (l_rosenstein () MONTELSHOW COM):
Mandatory opening statement; I am not sure if this is meant for this list
but I have feeling it is.  Please flame me in private ;)
I think it isn't :)

Is it possible (with any OS, or ICQ Clone) to spoof being a random
chatter?
A search with almost any search engine on something like 'icq spoofing'
would probably have turned up with the results you're looking for, one of
them probably being a tiny little C source called icqspoof.c .

Greets,
        Robert van der Meulen

--
|      rvdm () cistron nl - Cistron Internet Services - www.cistron.nl        |
|          php3/c/perl/html/c++/sed/awk/linux/sql/cgi/security             |