Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: The much popular t0rnkit.

From: Erik Tayler <nine () 14X NET>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:18:38 -0500

Secondly, I'm going to be as bold as ask 'why not' to CERT serving as a
'suppository' (typo there?) for rootkits.

I am all for full-disclosure, but I do not believe CERT would be an
appropriate place to house rootkits and such.

If the kit isn't on the web, consider contacting John (sorry John).

I'm not exactly sure why you apologise to John there.

I apologised to John because he complained about the overwhelming
response that he had received from sending a "I will send out the
tarball" type of message. It seemed he didn't want to get his mailbox
hammered. And I CC'd the list because this is a discussion list.

Erik Tayler
http://www.14x.net
http://www.digitaloffense.net