Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Win 2000 & IE 'shell://' problem?

From: spjohn () MAIL UTEXAS EDU (Stephen John)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:42:57 -0500

  I noticed a few more things when playing around with this.  Using "shell:" seems to work just as well as "shell://",
but produces slightly different information in the drwatson log.  Also I only get the drwatson log when I am not
runnning as administrator (don't know if that is normal or not).

  From what I noticed, and from what other people said, almost all of the time explorer will restart on its own, and
does not need to be restarted manually.

  Can anyone think of any way this can be exploited to do something more than just crash explorer?

  Stephen John

  Student  University of Texas

  Admin  http://www.securityauditor.com