Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: A little guidance...

From: dagon () DAGON NET (Mark Rafn)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 08:16:20 -0700

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Bill Pennington wrote:

My question is, should I even bother putting this out? I researched some
archives and while I found a number of e-commerce shopping cart
vulnerabilities, none mentioned this particular method. I have contacted
the site in question but they seem to be clueless. ("All CC#s are over
SSL so we are safe!!" argg!) So is the fact you need a sniffer (or a
proxy server would work as well I guess, hmmmm) to exploit this make it
not "worthy"?

Post it.  If it's a bad implementation that makes it easy to bypass ssl,
it's a real threat.

--
Mark Rafn    dagon () dagon net    <http://www.dagon.net/>   !G