Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Win 2000 & IE 'shell://' problem?

From: stephen_silcock () CLEANAWAY COM AU (Silcock, Stephen)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:02:59 +1000

Tried it on NT4SP6 with IE5.0... nothing.  Says the syntax of the address is
incorrect.

Don't have access to a W2K machine; but I do have remote access to a W2K
Terminal Server, IE5.  The same symptoms... I saw the IE window flash at
least a half dozen times before Explorer (the desktop) crashed, then IE.
Desktop came back up no worries and I was able to continue; didn't even drop
the Terminal Services connection.

W2K only perhaps?  Would definitely like to know more about shell:// - if
it's anything like the name suggests it may have potential to be a problem.

S.:)

PLEASE NOTE:

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, you must not use,
disclose or print this transmission and you should delete it from your
system.