Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: The Million Dollar Solution

From: kb8rln () PENGUINMASTER COM (Richard Rager)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 18:14:17 -0600

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Jeremy Speer wrote:

On one final note, why could we not just create a loader for wscript.exe
that just bings up a popup window that shows that some script is running.
Would you like it to continue? If you are not expecting the script, then
you would click "***NO***". This would at least prevent anyone from having
it run without them knowing. They would at least know that something is
going on.

   Because MS has trained all users to press OK no matter what.   I wote a
program that a box comes up randomly that said.  "I am a virus click
cancel to close, click ok to kill computer".  Well OK was 90% the clicks.

Enjoy,

Richard