Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: swbell DSL bug ?

From: spoonm () PACMAN SPOONTECH NET (spoonm)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 09:01:49 -0700

Well on that same idea, but on cable.  I am using hsacorp cable service
under the Charter Network.  Basically i was told you get 1 ip address that
is released every 24 hours or so. Well under windows it seems to do this,
but when i boot up my linux router, i had dhcp give me my ip.  Then i just
that ip and the routes into a static setup, and my ip hasnt changes in 3
months.  So, then i wanted another ip for another server, so i pulled the
nic out of my linux w/dhcp box and blopped it into my openbsd box and just
setup the normal ip and routes, blah blah, and since the cable runs on
mac, it worked fine.. then i just got dhcp to dish me out another ip
address, and did the same thing again.  I know its not really a hole, or
vulnerablity like some people think, im just making a point on how you can
get a little more bang for you buck on some cable services.

spoonm, Sr President Spoontech
http://www.spoontech.net