Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Capturing System Calls

From: jen () ETTNET SE (Joel Eriksson)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:15:12 +0200

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 05:47:13PM -0400, Green Charles Contr AFRL/IFGB wrote:
None of the tools will allow me to capture and replace (or wrap) system
calls without modifying the kernel or wrapping the application. A member of
my team said it can be done, I'm simply trying to give him the benefit of
the doubt. As everyone deserves.

Without modifying the kernel (including with kernelmodules)? Well, ok. Without
wrapping the application in any way? _Obviously_ not. :-) The thing is that you
did not mention the latter in your first mail, which is why a whole lot of
people tried to help you out anyway...

--
Joel Eriksson