Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Capturing System Calls

From: Charles.Green () RL AF MIL (Green Charles Contr AFRL/IFGB)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:47:13 -0400

Thank you for your concern and opinion but this isn't on the gov's dime. I
work for a company (as I hope you do too) and we do work with the airforce
on some projects. The airforce is kind enough to let me have an e-mail
account. Next time I'll use my yahoo e-mail account :-)

None of the tools will allow me to capture and replace (or wrap) system
calls without modifying the kernel or wrapping the application. A member of
my team said it can be done, I'm simply trying to give him the benefit of
the doubt. As everyone deserves.