Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Capturing System Calls

From: Charles.Green () RL AF MIL (Green Charles Contr AFRL/IFGB)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:38:06 -0400

I was thinking along these lines too. I haven't actually gotten my hands on
the application yet but considering it's a security product it's probably
statically linked.

One more stipulation of the test, I'm not allowed to run it "wrapped" by
another program, truss, strace, etc...

This line of thinking actually stemmed from a friendly argument I and one of
the guys on the team were having. I said that it couldn't be done without
getting into the kernel and he was telling me that he's seen software that
could do it. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and was hoping you
guys could prove me wrong :-)