Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Notes Domino Server Platform for e-commerce?

From: rrpermeh () RCONNECT COM (Ryan PErmeh)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:08:38 -0600

oops, my bad, that was the link on NAI's research pages to go to that pdf.  I guess
it pays to actually follow links rather than assume nai did their webwork and put
the correct things in the correct places. (i've already read the paper and wrote
that email on a super slow link and wasn't interested in downloading at the moment,
so i didn't follow it)  Cheers go to Crispin for pointing this out, and giving a
better link to the paper, jeers go to NAI for not linking to correct things.    the
page i got the pdf link from was: http://www.nai.com/nai_labs/asp_set/advisory.asp

Thanks Crispin!

Ryan

Crispin Cowan wrote:

Ryan R Permeh wrote:

see all the work on avoiding IDS by rfp, a recent note on
ntbugtraq by greg hoglund, and the classic work on why NIDS doesn't work
that well: Insertion, Evasion, and Denial of Service: Eluding Network
Intrusion Detection -
http://www.nai.com/media/pdf/nai_labs/ids.pdf)

Ptacek and Newsham's NIDS paper is indeed a classic.  However, the link you
provide above seems to be for a different paper than the one I'm familiar with:
http://www.clark.net/~roesch/idspaper.html .  The NAI link above also does not
have Ptacek and Newsham's names on it, so I can't tell what relation it bears to
the classic paper.  Anyone have a clue?

Crispin
-----
Crispin Cowan, CTO, WireX Communications, Inc.    http://wirex.com