Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Notes Domino Server Platform for e-commerce?

From: crispin () WIREX COM (Crispin Cowan)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:44:38 +0000

Ryan R Permeh wrote:

see all the work on avoiding IDS by rfp, a recent note on
ntbugtraq by greg hoglund, and the classic work on why NIDS doesn't work
that well: Insertion, Evasion, and Denial of Service: Eluding Network
Intrusion Detection -
http://www.nai.com/media/pdf/nai_labs/ids.pdf)

Ptacek and Newsham's NIDS paper is indeed a classic.  However, the link you
provide above seems to be for a different paper than the one I'm familiar with:
http://www.clark.net/~roesch/idspaper.html .  The NAI link above also does not
have Ptacek and Newsham's names on it, so I can't tell what relation it bears to
the classic paper.  Anyone have a clue?

Crispin
-----
Crispin Cowan, CTO, WireX Communications, Inc.    http://wirex.com