Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: local security workaround through IE

From: iwertheimer () KPMG COM (Wertheimer, Ishai)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:00:20 -0400

I'd like to add that I saw more than one case when you could run any app you
want through Winzip.

They wanted to enable the opportunity to zip files, but when any file is
accessed through Winzip you can 'open' it and exploit the whole system
(especially when they've left the Poledit in the public NetWare folder...)

Cheers,

Ishai Wertheimer