Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: local security workaround through IE

From: jhill () CRICKLADE AC UK (Mr Jason C Hill)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:51:14 +0100

There is of course the backdoor passwords for the BIOS too. Older Award BIOS'
have two that i know of!

As for running apps, i'm sure that by now someone has posted the ShellExec VBA
routines. Pop along to the public access point with a floppy containing your
document (a la VBA shell macro) and bob's your monkhouse! If floppy drives are
disabled then upload all the stuff you need for cracking to your webserver for
easy download straight to the machine!

Send me a personal mail if you'd like the Award BIOS backdoors - i'm only going
to mail them to worthy persons (dependant on your requirements and source email
address) to save people like me (College sys admins) the trouble caused by
kiddies messing up workstations.

Jason C Hill