tcpdump mailing list archives

moves to github

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:40:09 -0400

1) we have created github.com/the-tcpdump-group.  It has copies
   of three repositories:
   a) libpcap
   b) tcpdump
   c) tcpdump-htdocs

   These are pushed by a nightly cron job from our master machine.
   So no, github is not the golden or only copy.

   Creating a group means that more people than just I can handle
   merges.  Please contact me if you'd like to help.

2) Guy Harris has run a source 2 github python script to transfer issues
   from SF to github.  They are at:
   https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump/issues
        (103 open, 199 closed)

   https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/issues
        (116, 173 closed)

   We need help going through these issues.
   I think we can probably come up with some markup to indicate what
   is what, and I see colours and other stuff to help sort things out.
   Tell me your github ID, and I'll add you to the team if necessary.

   There are lots of patches, turning them into pull requests would be
   great.  Many of them are likely already done.

3) we have gotten slightly distracted from the 4.4 release, I will
   resume it and release the -rc2.  It doesn't have any autoconf
   changes.  I'm happy to do whatever is recommended, as long as
   the solution is easy to do on stock ("stable") debian, LTS ubuntu,
   and RHEL6/Centos6... cause I hate making people run unstable stuff
   just to contribute.

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [