tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: moves to github

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 21:57:11 -0700

On Apr 15, 2013, at 9:37 PM, Denis Ovsienko <infrastation () yandex ru> wrote:

I tried closing a couple of issues, but ran into a question. Do existing tags in GitHub issues (v3.5, v3.6, ... v4.3)
mean "opened against version N.N" or "fixed in version N.N"?

Those were copied over from SourceForge; the intent, at least, of the tags was "opened against version N.N".

I'm not sure whether they served/serve a useful purpose.

Should the tickets in SourceForge tracker be closed now?

If there were an automated way to do so - with commenting closed, and a "further comments on the issue at
http://github.org/the-tcpdump-group/..."; as the closing comment - that would make sense.

I'm not sure anybody here wants to close 219 SourceForge comments by hand. :-)

If you mean that when you close an issue by hand on GitHub, the corresponding SF issue should be closed by hand, that
might not be a bad idea.  (I did that for the tcpdump issue you closed on GitHub with "-W implements that".)