tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: problem while examinate 802.11-packets

From: "Christian Stalp" <christian.stalp () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:15:08 +0100

Hello, thank you for your help.

I changed my capture-routine this way:

void packet_default(u_char *args, const struct pcap_pkthdr *header, const u_char *packet)
{
        char insertvalues[256];
        memset (insertvalues, 0x0, 256 );
        //struct ieee_802_11_header *wptr;   //net/802_11.h
        struct ether_header *ethprt;

        if( ( ethprt = calloc(1, sizeof(struct ieee_802_11_header)) ) == NULL )
        {
                perror ("Error while allocating the 802_11-Struktur\n");
                exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
        }

        ethprt = (struct ether_header *) packet;
        snprintf(insertvalues,255, "default-s: %s",ether_ntoa((struct ether_addr*)(ethprt->ether_shost)));
        printf("%s\n", insertvalues);
        snprintf(insertvalues,255, "default-s: %s",ether_ntoa((struct ether_addr*)(ethprt->ether_dhost)));
        printf("%s\n", insertvalues);

        printf ("Habe Default-Packet empfangen!\n");
        //mytraffic->num_frames++;
}

But the MAC-Adresses are still not usable. I mean the first four fields accords to the actual MAC-Adress, but the last
two fields are anything nonsence.

A yes, I want to note, that I use Linux not BSD.

Gruss Christian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------