tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [clearview-discuss] libdlpi with libpcap

From: Peter Memishian <peter.memishian () Sun COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 03:09:54 -0500

It does? :-)

Most files mostly use something akin to ANSI C-ified KNF (not
surprising, given that LBL is run by UCB :-)), which was the Sun style
back when I was there (in the days when dinosaurs^WSun-3's walked the
earth).

That's largely the style I use, but I've gotten into the habit of
leaving parentheses out of the value in a return statement, but I
might've let that creep into stuff I've written in libpcap - on the
other hand, there was a mix of "return x;" and "return (x);" back in
libpcap 0.4, long before I had anything to do with it.

Some files added later, and pcap-linux.c after it was rewritten from
scratch to that it actually worked right, have styles that are a bit
different.

So there isn't really *a* style.

Ah :-)  The existing DLPI source seemed to be reasonably consistent, which
is what I based my opinion on.

--
meem
-