tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [clearview-discuss] libdlpi with libpcap

From: sagun shakya <Sagun.Shakya () Sun COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 00:56:49 -0500

Peter Memishian wrote:
> I mostly fixed the comment changes, thinking they were trivial and left > other Sun cstyle error alone. I can see how it is distracting while > reviewing the actual changes.
It's more than distracting -- it's incorrect.  Code for libpcap follows
its own style and must not be changed to conform to Sun's cstyle.
Likewise, new files like pcap-libdlpi.c need to follow the existing
libpcap style.
I understand that and in general I have tried to follow what the cstyle is in libpcap except a few instances where it is not so clear.

I've rechecked pcap-libdlpi.c and pcap-streams.c files and don't see anything specific Sun ctsyle that isn't libpcap style.

Again, the webrev can be found at:

http://cr.opensolaris.org/~sagun/libpcap/

-Thanks,

Sagun