tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: proposed new pcap format

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:06:10 +1100 (EST)

In some email I received from Michael Richardson, sie wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.

This is what I would propose as revision.
Note that the pcap1_packet_header is present on every packet. One can
merge pcap files together with "cat" if one likes.

A suggestion was made to accomodate the nano-second resolution from AIX.
Can you tell me what they do for that? just more bits, sure, but is
there a nano-seconds (32-bits, I guess) + seconds (64 bits?).

enum pcap1_info_types {
        PCAP_DATACAPTURE,
      PCAP_TIMESTAMP,
};

Can I please also ask for a PCAP_PRIVATE that is as follows:

struct pcap1_info_private {
      char pinfo_guid[4+2+2+8];
      char pinfo_data[0];
}

Thanks,
Darren
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe