Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ideal way to update the rules

From: Anshuman Anil Deshmukh <anshuman () cybage com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 07:51:44 +0000

Thank you.

Currently if the -T switch is used then it only processes the text based rules but it also disables all the existing
shared object rules.

Can anybody tell us how could we just process the text based rules on daily basis using a cron job without disabling
the existing shared object rules? We will update the shared object rules say once or twice a week by completely
stopping the snort process till we are on pf_ring.

Regards,

Anshuman