Snort mailing list archives

Barnyard2 process stops when [gid :124] [sid: 1] [upd_rev: 1] fires

From: Avery Rozar <Avery.Rozar () i-techsupport com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:41:48 +0000

VERSION INFO

CentOS 6.5
PostgreSQL 8.4.20
Barnyard2 2.1.13 (Build 327)
Snort 2.9.5.6 GRE (Build 208)

ERROR MESSAGE

ERROR database: database: postgresql_error: ERROR:  permission denied for relation signature#012
ERROR database: calling Insert() in [dbSignatureInformationUpdate()] [dbProcessSignatureInformation()] Line[1556], call
to dbSignatureInformationUpdate failed for : #012[gid :124] [sid: 1] [upd_rev: 1] [upd class: 12] [upd pri 1]
FATAL ERROR: [dbProcessSignatureInformation()]: Failed, stoping processing

During the middle of operation if the smtp pre-proccesor fires Barnyard2 dies with this error. And if I restart the
process it gives the same error and stops. If I restart snort, remove the waldo file and then start Barntard2 it works
fine until this pre-proccesor fires again. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Avery