Snort mailing list archives

Re: First time snorting ... ERROR: The dynamic detection library ...

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:18:45 +0000

From your output, Snort seems to be seeing traffic:
Snort ran for 0 days 0 hours 4 minutes 5 seconds   Pkts/min:         3507   Pkts/sec:
14030   Analyzed:        14030 (100.000%)    Dropped:            0 (  0.000%)
If you run Snort in console mode (-A console) for testing purposes, do you see any alerts? Another thing, how does your
unified2 output plugin look like in your snort.conf file? Also, what rules you have enabled?