Snort mailing list archives

Re: First time snorting ... ERROR: The dynamic detection library ...

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 15:30:37 -0500

On 11/19/2013 2:30 PM, Alan McKay wrote:
Just a quick update - I have not had a chance until now to look at
this - and the local test rules given are not triggering alerts but
I'm not asking for further help just yet  - I'm going to dig into this
a bit myself to see where I get.   I'm just bumping the thread with a
quick update.

ok...

I think first things first I'm going to get this daemonized and then
figure out why those local rules are not being read because best I can
tell that is my problem with those rules at this point.

FWIW: those rules will trigger on pretty much any traffic that snort sees... if
they are not triggering at all, then your traffic may be packaged in some packet
type...

are you using VLans?