Snort mailing list archives

Re: First time snorting ... ERROR: The dynamic detection library ...

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:32:13 -0500

On 11/14/2013 1:24 PM, Alan McKay wrote:
OK I blew it all away and started again, and I think I found an error
in the document.  I just followed this blindly the first time around

yeah, many of those tutorial type documents do not make it clear what some
things are (eg: those version numbers)...

But this time I changed it to what should have been obvious at the time :

cp /usr/local/snort/so_rules/precompiled/Ubuntu-12-04/x86-64/2.9.5.5/*
/usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/

And it is running now!

YAY!! excellent work :)